Three criminals on the run find they can go no further and found a city – Mahagonny, city of gold. The destitute and the disenchanted flock to Mahagonny, among them the prostitute Jenny and the lumberjack Jim Mahoney with his three friends.
The city swells with debauchery. Jim and Jenny try to escape, but find themselves still in Mahagonny. Jim is arrested and convicted of myriad crimes – chief among them a lack of money…
- Conductor – Mark Wigglesworth
- Orchestra – Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
- Leokadja Begbick – Anne Sofie von Otter
- Fatty – Peter Hoare
- Trinity Moses – Willard W. White
- Jenny Smith – Christine Rice
- Jimmy MacIntyre – Kurt Streit
- Jack O’Brien – Jeffrey Lloyd-Roberts
- Bank Account Billy – Darren Jeffery
- Alaska Wolf Joe – Neal Davies
- Toby Higgins – Hubert Francis
- Chorus – Royal Opera Chorus
- Concert Master – Sergey Levitin
- Music – Kurt Weill
- Libretto – Bertolt Brecht
- Director – John Fulljames
Please arrive by 6.45pm to register and to order interval drinks if you wish.
The George Inn serves meals – please contact them directly on 01298 871382 if you would like to book a pre-show meal.