The Flying Dutchman has been cursed for eternity. Once every seven years he is allowed to come ashore to seek redemption. He may have found it in Senta, a woman who longs for escape from her dreary life.
Senta accepts the Dutchman’s offer of marriage. But the Dutchman wrongly suspects her of unfaithfulness. Thinking he’s protecting her, he leaves to resume his endless voyaging. Senta is left alone.
- Music & LIbretto: Richard Wagner
- Director: Tim Albery
- Set designs: Michael Levine
- Costume designs: Constance Hoffman
- Lighting design: David Finn
- Movement: Philippe Giraudeau
Please arrive by 6.45pm to register and to order interval drinks if you wish.
The George Hotel serves meals – please contact them directly on 01298 871382 if you would like to book a pre-show meal.